Monday, January 26, 2009

THEY SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!


Our baby is 2 years old now!!! Though we've been seeing signs of the terrible two's coming up, it came upon us very fast! She chose French Toast Sticks for breakfast and McDonal'ds chicken nuggets with fries and peaches for dinner! She got an Elmo cake and enjoyed her presents. I got an awesome deal at one of those Rose Petal Cottages so she got that, a toddler learning palm pad (does alphabet and numbers) and a little puppy that she can walk on a leash. She got an Abby Cadabby doll (in the pictures) with the birthday money her G&G Holman sent her. I think she had a fun birthday!


I think everyone enjoyed the new cottage. It's always nice to find a present for a child that more than one person enjoys!! She likes to put the two sides together and make it an entire house. I also forgot to mention the Elma helium balloon ... I think that was the highlight of her birthday!! She had to take it to school to get the kids, to the store, etc. She wanted to take it everywhere with her (she even wanted it to sit in her high chair to eat dinner with us!)




I finally finished my project this weekend!! Wahooo!! I was really getting sick of my family room holding everything from the laundry room, and my laundry was really starting to pile up! It is now completely finished and it looks pretty nice. That was the last of our major projects for this house! Now it's time to put it up for sale!







Do you have any idea who this man is that I am taking my picture with?! I had the awesome opportunity to meet the man that crashed into our house!! I'm hoping he will email pictures of the plane sticking out of our bedroom. It was amazing to listen to! It was a true miracle that he is alive... I loved hearing his analogy on the importance of always having a plan in mind (and relating that to the youth on how the should have a plan so they won't fall into temptation) and also on the importance of not rationilizing. He talked about how he had many signs to not continue the flight, but he kept rationalizing, and finally he ended up crashing into our house.

Our other big news is that Elly is now sleeping in a "big girl bed"! I have never bought a toddler bed before, but I've always had a twin size bed to put them., but with 5 kids I ran out of extra beds!! I really didn't want to buy yet, so I found this bed on KSL.com for $20. Totally my price range! The little lights and moon glow in the dark. She really loves it and hasn't really had any problems with getting out and refusing to go back in. She tried one night, but I put her back in and she didn't try it again (whew!)


That's about it. I also saw the Dr. this week for my migraines. I have dealt with them for 20 yeras now and just suffered through, but with Richard leaving, I knew I would probably have more, and needed to be able to tolerate them. I have found a miracle medicine!! You put this pill on your tongue and it makes the migraine go away! It's not a pain killer, but reverses the constriction of the blood vessels.


Well, that should be enough for now! Hope all is well for everyone else!

3 comments:

Meek House of Insanity said...

Good luck with the migraine medicine. I've had them for 17 years and can't find anything that doesn't make me weird that works...I'm glad it works for you.

Sherrie said...

I can't believe that our babies are turning 2! Happy Birthday Ellie!
Your tile looks great! You did a great job. Doesn't it make you feel proud to have done something like that?
Also how cool is it that you got to meet the guy that crashed into your house! So curious what he said to you about buying the house.
Can you come and teach Sarah to sleep in her bed? It's nightmare that we have created. LOL
My sis is taking that medicine but it's not working for her. I am glad to hear that it's working for you.

Jones Crew said...

That is Crazy Kim I guess I never heard the story of the plane crashing into your house. Good luck with the prep for Richard leaving. Have you found out yet where he'll be? The branch where Josh is is very supportive and good to him which is really comforting to me and I am sure for him.

My new stylist

My new stylist

FHE

FHE
Holman's Hen House Poppers

Fall or Winter

Fall or Winter
Let it snow?!!!!

Broken Window

Broken Window
Evidence A

Two Favorite Men

Two Favorite Men
Rylan pitching; Richard umpiring

Canning

Canning
Molly Mormons

Richard

Richard
Only in Ut do you have a ward team!

Can't wait to grow up!

Can't wait to grow up!

Morgan

Morgan

Addison

Addison

Brad

Brad

Elayna

Elayna