Monday, May 11, 2009

AHHHHH

I just spent 20 min putting together a post and waiting for videos to download. How frustrating!! OK, I'll try to do this again, but it's going to be a much shorter version, which you probably would prefer anyway!! 1-Rylan's last Jr. High game- I'm posting a pic of Rylan with his two closest friends that are also on the Sandlot team. I was bummed that I never got to see him play on this team. Being a 7th grader, he really didn't get much playing time, but on several away games he was able to play short stop. The last away game, they let the 7th graders play the entire game. I assumed they would also give them playing time on their last home game, but unfortunately he didn't get any, so these were the only pics I could get. 2- Morgan had her first major performace from the Tiger Talents. They've spent 2 days each week after school for several hours to get ready for this performance. I taught the girls a "cheer dance" and that was a lot of fun. It was a little inconvenient with Richard gone and my watching 2 extra kids after school, but now it's done and it turned out really cute. I won't include a video of it because it's so long, but I'm posting a pic of Morgan and a short clip of one of the 2 solos that she had.
3- Bradly has just started T-ball. He was disapointed when I broke the news to him that he can't have a bat bag until he's 12. Sorry, I don't think T-ball is serious enough to require a bat bag! He's pretty ticked that he's playing T-ball and not "Baseball" but he'll get over it. The biggest affect of his seizures as a baby we've found is the spatial memory loss. He has a lot of anxiety about getting lost and not knowing where I am or where to go. I was pretty concerned that he'd not be able to remember the order to run the bases, etc. but he plays outside a lot with Rylan and has actually done very well with it, however, he doesn't want to play anymore because of his anxiety of not being able to find me after the game. The coach has been very good about heading off his "anxiety attacks" in the middle of games, and I'm learning to sit right in the middle of the very first row of benches and keep waving my arm at him to remind him where I am. I run out to the field the minute the game is over so he doesn't have another "freak out" and hopefully we'll see improvments! Last Thursday, Rylan had his last Sandridge game, Morgan had her performance for Tiger Talents, Bradly had a t-ball game, and the school had a family film night where we got to see a play that the twins performed in. The both were in "The Little Gingerbread Man". Addi was the little old lady, and Bradly was the fox. It was a crazy day, but lots of fun. I also had to prepare for all of us to go our seperate ways for a baseball tournament in Pocatello, ID. Addi and Bradly stayed at Shelda (Richard's sister) and Amber's house (Shelda's daughter who has a son Bradly's age). Some friends were nice enough to pick up Rylan on Thurs at 6 a.m. and I stayed and took the kids to school. I left after I dropped them off and just took Elly and Morgan. It was so much fun to go and watch. It was amazing how different it was to not have the twins. We all made comments several times about how quiet and low key it was! It all changed the minute I picked them up from Amber's Sat at 9:00 p.m. The boys did pretty good at the tournament and won 2 games and lost 2 games. One of the games they lost to ended up winning the whole tournament.
I had a good Mother's day. I bought myself a few shirts the weekend before, and Rylan's coach bought each of us mother's some chocolates. I thought that was very nice of him! I woke up Sund morning to pancakes, eggs, and hot chocolate. Morgan made me breakfast in bed, and then put together a little play. Even Rylan participated! The night before after going through the mail, I accidently recycled the stuff I wanted to keep and put on the counter the stuff I wanted to recycle. In the recycling ended up being a $10 gift card to Kohls. She was so excited to find it and made a card and was proud to present to me a homemade card with a $10 gift card to Kohls. I thought that was cute. The twins had also made stuff from Kindergarten.

We had to have an impromptu funeral last night. Yep! Morgan's lizard of almost 2 months died last night. We had a feeling that it was coming, as it quit eating it's meal worms and started eating rocks and was starting to look skinny. We found it last night stiff and not breathing, so she took it into the backyard and buried it in the garden. Hope the rotatiller doesn't get it next week! She's doing well with the loss and is excited to get a frog now.



Well, that's about it for now! Only 46 more Sacrament meetings left to go through!! The rest seems to be going fast ... that just goes the slowest! LOL

No comments:

My new stylist

My new stylist

FHE

FHE
Holman's Hen House Poppers

Fall or Winter

Fall or Winter
Let it snow?!!!!

Broken Window

Broken Window
Evidence A

Two Favorite Men

Two Favorite Men
Rylan pitching; Richard umpiring

Canning

Canning
Molly Mormons

Richard

Richard
Only in Ut do you have a ward team!

Can't wait to grow up!

Can't wait to grow up!

Morgan

Morgan

Addison

Addison

Brad

Brad

Elayna

Elayna