Sunday, May 17, 2009

Things are slowing down! Woo Hoo!

Now that school is starting to wind down, so are other things. Rylan is now finished doing Jr. High baseball. He's had the opportunity to work for a couple neighbors and earn some money. He owes me about $200 for a new window, so that work will be really great for him. He is weeding for one neighbor and mowing lawns for a few others. I think he's learning some great work ethics and am proud that he's paying off his debt. He also had his last mid-week games. They tied for first place for this league, so that was very exciting for them. Especially being a first year team. We had a double-header on Sat. with our Salt Lake league and he pitched the first game. He did really well ... only pitched 69 pitches in 5 innings, which is really good. He only let 1 score and had a fabulous catch as short-stop as well as made a great double play off of second. It was a good day for him and I loved the wonderful weather! The other kids had a great time playing at a park close by the fields.

Bradly is really enjoying being on his T-ball team. We have found a way to ease his anxiety. When we get there he chooses where he wants me to sit and then is relieved when he can find me. He's been sticking me on the sideling in the grass where there really isn't anyone. I guess that's easy to find me when there's no one around me! They had team pictures on Thursday. Of course, my camera is way cheaper than paying $12 for a team photo so here is my professionalism. Too bad Uncle Jered wasn't there!



I also got my hair cut this weekend. We didn't have to leave for Rylan's games until 12:00 so I took the opportunity to go in at 9 a.m. I had to call the kids as I was driving to put shoes on and wait in the driveway for me. We sure cut it close!! I have to remember that this girl cuts my hair about an inch shorter than I ask for, so next time I'll try and grow it out an extra inch before having it trimmed, haha! Of course, that would take about 6-7 months with how slow my hair grows. I had her put red in the bottom and a few streakes peaking out on the sides again. Richard would have me go all red, but to get it back to blonde would be a nightmare, so this is about as close as I'll get it. Anyway, I really wanted my sides to be the same and just shorten up the back to make a really exaggerated bob, but it's way shorter than I expected. It looks fine and I'm ok with it, but I would prefer to have it a little longer. Here's the pics of the front and back. Do you love my little assistant?





Our biggest news of the week ... saved the best for last! Richard made Master Sgt! Hip Hip Hooray! We are so proud of him. We think this will probably change our orders from South Dakota since they put him in for a Tech Sgt position, but we don't really know for sure. The only thing I know is that I'm not putting the house up for sale until we have hard copies!! It will take almost a year for his line number to come up, so we don't really have the benefits of Master yet, but we're so excited and proud of him and now he'll NEVER have to test again in the military!!

As a final note ... to all you bloggers. Is anyone else having to cut and copy a url for their pictures where they want it? I used to be able to downloand the picture and just click and drag it to where I want, but now I don't see the picture when I download it, I just see a url. This just happened 2 weeks ago, so I don't know if I accidently changed something, or if blogspot has changed things.

Finally enjoying beautiful weather. Hope summer is here! I would really like to just have one seasons worth of clothes in my kids' closet. It's getting really hard to hold enough clothes for 3 seasons! We've had winter, spring, and summer in the last week alone!! Love to all! Kim

2 comments:

Meek House of Insanity said...

I just did a massive update last night, and mine worked normally.

Love your hair!! That's how I like mine, but my man doesn't like it...

Carter Family said...

I think blogspot is working normally. There is an "add picture" tab at the top box where you write everything. If you click on that it will pull up a browse screen that you can use to browse for and add pics. is that what you are doing? I don't ever have to drag pictures into place. I am no computer genious though. Take may advise for what it is worth.

My new stylist

My new stylist

FHE

FHE
Holman's Hen House Poppers

Fall or Winter

Fall or Winter
Let it snow?!!!!

Broken Window

Broken Window
Evidence A

Two Favorite Men

Two Favorite Men
Rylan pitching; Richard umpiring

Canning

Canning
Molly Mormons

Richard

Richard
Only in Ut do you have a ward team!

Can't wait to grow up!

Can't wait to grow up!

Morgan

Morgan

Addison

Addison

Brad

Brad

Elayna

Elayna