Monday, November 10, 2008

MY NEW THEME SONG: PLEASE LISTEN






If you have internet fast enough, could you please listen to my music playing right now to get the full effect of my week. .... I will pause now for you to listen.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................









Did you get it?! Yes! It's been quite the crazy week! Richard has left me for Vegas for TDY and I'm a single mom with 5 kids now. I was in charge of Super Saturday, however, somehow that ended up with me being the sole person to put together that day. I made Olive Garden soup (3 batches) the night before and ordered bread bowls. We had apple juice mixed with Sprite. I did have 3 other ladies teach classes, but I ended up being in charge of the other 4. I had to set up and take down. My oldest watched the kids alllll day long and I came home to another lovely mess to deal with. I had things broken, a closet door on the floor, and a little girl who obviously had a corn dog for lunch with ketchup and mustard, and no one bothered to clean her up afterwards. It was caked all over her hands, face, clothes, and my furniture!! Rylan had baseball try-outs a 1/2 hour after I walked in the door and then we had a church Thanksgiving dinner at 5:30. I slept sooo hard that night!






Here is a picture of some of the crafts that we did:




It actually turned out very nice and I think the ladies had a lot of fun. I'm so glad! I couldn't believe how many people in our ward had never done a Super Saturday. I had heard a lot of negative criticism before we had the event, and most people didn't want it to last very long so I thought tentatively it would be from 10-12:30 or so, but I didn't get home until 4:00. We made soap, salt dough ornaments, bracelets, quiet books, glass blocks, and Family blocks. I'm soooo glad it is done. It is a huge project to put together.




Along with my theme song, I have a crazy week this week. It is Morgan's last week of Volleyball, and the kids have 1/2 days from Wed. on due to conferences. That means that I will also have the two kids I babysit for the rest of the days, and that makes for a looooong day! Especially when I won't have some one come home to lend an extra hand!! Now you know what will be running through my head over and over and over again for the next few days. Here is a picture of Morgan at her last Volleyball practice:



Sorry it isn't a very good picture. It's hard for me to get action shots. She seems to really love it and will miss doing it, I'm sure.




In other news ... I got my haircut short. I've been thinking about this for quite some time now but I've been growing it out for about 8 years now! So I got sick of growing it out and having it the same length for the last 5 years. Here is a picture of the "new" me. I'm still getting used to it, but I like it:
Hopefully you don't end up seeing someone take my head and put it with some random pictures. I have several friends concerned with the security of these blogs. I agree, but I figure no one could care less about an image of me. So, if you see my head with a Nazi flag, or burning a bra, or on a stripper pole, please know that my image was stolen! LOL
Have a great week, ya'll! Kim

5 comments:

Sherrie said...

I love the new hair cut! It looks very cute.

Sorry to hear that you are on your own! I know how hard that can be.

Keep your chin up! Things will get better.

Love ya
Sherrie

Jen said...

You sure have your hands full! We just did a super saturday last month. A lot of the people in the ward had never heard of it either, but it turned out really well, too. I was only on the enrichment committee so I wasn't in charge. Way to go pulling it off!

Way cute hair cut!

Hedgpeth Fam said...

The hair is ADORABLE! LOVING IT! Now the hard part is keeping from poofing it. haha. j/k. I think it looks great on you. Sorry about the craziness with church and the kids. I'm sure it makes you want to run away sometimes. It's making me having an anxiety attack thinking things don't get easier as they grow up. AHH!

Meek House of Insanity said...

Kim,
First off...way cute haircut!! I love it! Also, way to go on Super Saturday. Our ward isn't having one because we don't have a day to do it, not just Saturday...any day!

Also, I worried and thought about going private too, but I found this tracker...http://tracker.icerocket.com. You sign up for this free tracker. It will tell you every person who hits or visits your sight. If they have a google account it tells you who they are. It at least tells you country of each hit. I had a couple hits that scared me that had Stephen's bare bottom. I changed the name of the post and they still got hit. I removed the post altogether and have had no more hits that worry me. It is a tracker that only you can see, no one else. It made me feel much better.

Jones Crew said...

Way cute hair and good luck with the kiddos!! AHHHH the life of a military wife. I have to keep reminding myself that I agreed to all of this!! LOL!!

My new stylist

My new stylist

FHE

FHE
Holman's Hen House Poppers

Fall or Winter

Fall or Winter
Let it snow?!!!!

Broken Window

Broken Window
Evidence A

Two Favorite Men

Two Favorite Men
Rylan pitching; Richard umpiring

Canning

Canning
Molly Mormons

Richard

Richard
Only in Ut do you have a ward team!

Can't wait to grow up!

Can't wait to grow up!

Morgan

Morgan

Addison

Addison

Brad

Brad

Elayna

Elayna