Sunday, November 2, 2008

Spooky Halloween Fun!



We had a lot of fun this Halloween Week!!



First of all, it was Red Ribbon Week. There were themes for each day they could follow. Monday was Hippie Day and Tuesday was Crazy Hair Day. Don't they look crazy? The two kids in the back are the kids that I watch before and after school. Wednesday was Disco Day and Thursday was Hip Hop Day or wear you costumes. They didn't have school on Friday so they had their class parties on Thursday. I was asked to the class party with another mom for Morgan's class. It was a lot of fun. We ended up having all the 4th grade classes combined so we had 60 some odd kids to entertain for an hour and a 1/2. We ended up doing it "carnival style" and set up 8 different stations. I was in charge of Pin the bow on the Frankenstein. I was so busy with that and doing a Haunted Mad Libs story with them while they ate their treats. I didn't get any pictures of Morgan's class party. I did sneak in and get a picture of the twins in their kindergarten room.
Addi was a lion-It looks like she took off her Lion's Head
Bradly was a vampire

Elayna was Mickey Mouse; Morgan was a dancer and Rylan a baseball player. Later Morgan wanted to wear the scary make up so she decided to be a Zombie Dancer.

Here's a picture of the kids minus Rylan and including the ones I babysit for before they went to school. They look so cute!!


It's been a crazy week for us! Friday night was our Ward's trunk or treat and then we took the kids Treak or Treating. This was the first year since moving here that Richard could join me! It's so much easier having another set of hands! I'm in charge of our Super Saturday here (day of crafts) so I've been running around getting supplies for that. It will be next Saturday. Richard is leaving TDY for Vegas next week (be gone for 2 weeks) so I've got to put the finishing touches on that and put it together without his extra set of hands to help! Rylan should be able to babysit on Saturday.
Next week Rylan will be trying out for a new baseball team on Saturday. It's hard to leave our original baseball team here, but they want to participate in a tournament in New York and we just don't have the extra funds for that. Rylan's best friend's dad is putting together a team that will have some incredible opportunities (2 of the coaches played MLB) and he called to "recruit" Rylan. He promised Rylan 3rd base position and pitcher. It was a hard decision, but we decided to go with this new team and leave our old one. They will be including a membership to a baseball training center, have several clinics (one on the mental aspect of the game, one on running agility, one of hitting, etc), and participate in 5 tournaments. It will be nice for me because the coach lives a few blocks from our house and will be able to take Rylan to practice for me. Try-outs are this Sat and they start practice in Dec. Isn't that crazy?!!! It will be really good for him though.
Well, you know by now that we have orders to Rapid City, South Dakota. We are excited and trying to prioritize options for moving. We have decided to put the house up for sale in April. It could take a year to sell it with this economy!! Other than that... things are going great! November should go fast! Richard will be gone to Vegas, get home for a few days and we go to my parent's house for Thanksgiving until the end of Nov! He'll be heading to Korea faster than we'll be prepared for! Love to all! Kim

2 comments:

Jen said...

Aaron was a Simba for Halloween too! I didn't take any photos though because this year I was on my own for Halloween- Adam went hunting. Brought home a moose though.

Teresa said...

I am still terrified of this, I had heard but I had no idea the snow would be like this. I have yet to drive in the snow. I can't believe this weather, and yes the wind can get pretty bad! In fact the likely hood of us having a tonado here, is higher than it was in Wichita Falls!

My new stylist

My new stylist

FHE

FHE
Holman's Hen House Poppers

Fall or Winter

Fall or Winter
Let it snow?!!!!

Broken Window

Broken Window
Evidence A

Two Favorite Men

Two Favorite Men
Rylan pitching; Richard umpiring

Canning

Canning
Molly Mormons

Richard

Richard
Only in Ut do you have a ward team!

Can't wait to grow up!

Can't wait to grow up!

Morgan

Morgan

Addison

Addison

Brad

Brad

Elayna

Elayna